In 2012, I went through a lot of changes. In January (1-2-12) I married the best man I have ever known, Dustin. At the time, I had two foster children. They returned to their family in February, and it was heartbreaking to me. I really did not expect to be quite so attached to them. However, I’m glad they have been able to return to a normal family life and experience love from their biological families. In April, my niece came to live with us. She was having some trouble in school and what not, so Dustin (AMAZING MAN!) and I decided that we would give it a shot. It has changed (for the better, I think) both of us. Around June we found out that my brother had cancer, and he has been fighting it through chemotherapy since then and we now know that he is CANCER FREE!!! Throughout the year I lost friends, family members, and former classmates unexpectedly. I also have really lapsed in going to church, and I had some faith issues that I had to work through. I’m feeling much stronger in my relationship with the Father now. In addition to (and sometimes in spite of) all that, I lost SIXTY pounds! That’s a whole child. hehe. Just ten days ago, I survived the end of the world. Life is good. 😉
I thought I’d put my plans for 2013 here in black and white…or whatever color it shows up. 😉 So, here they are…
- Get back on track with exercise. I gotta face it, I haven’t worked out (really) in two months. That is SO sad. I want to lose another sixty-five pounds this year.
- I think I’ll try vegetarian again, or maybe veggie with fish. I’m diggin’ it. I felt a lot better when I didn’t eat meat.
- Read my Bible. More often, and more of it. I’d like to get through the whole New Testament, at the very least.
- Pray more diligently for others and for myself.
- Learn to either knit or crochet.
- Finish Ashlynn, Brently, and Jace’s scrapbooks. This is ridiculous since Ashy is four and I was supposed to do it right after her first birthday. LAME – O.
- Move into our own house; like…we OWN the house. Pretty excited about this prospect since we’re supposed to close in just around two weeks.
- Take at least 24 credit hours of college courses toward my teaching degree.
- Take a vacation with my honey, and maybe take The Girl along.
- Try at least one new thing that Dustin suggests.
- Be more kind.
- Be more loving.
- Be more genuine in thought and deed.
- Put in more effort to be a great friend; reject mediocrity.
- Actually WRITE to my friends/pen-pals.
- Let go of more “stuff.”
- Be myself.
- Listen more and speak less.
- Doodle, draw, paint – CREATE more!
- Be a better parent to my niece.
- Read at least 52 books.
- Mark at least one thing off of my bucket list!
- Make and participate in the “Good Things of 2013” jar I saw on Pinterest.
- Try to learn to play golf.
- Reduce, recycle, reuse as much as I can. Make a difference!
- Buy more music!
- Stop biting my nails.
- Save up the money for a craft building at the new house.
- Pay down some of the student loan debt.
- Actually follow-through with all of these plans. 🙂
I think that’s it. What are your plans for 2013? It is the year of tremendous blessing.
Here’s lookin’ at you, kid. Happy New Year!